Call for nomination of members of the CEPA Oversight Panel for the 2023-2025 triennium
To: Heads of Administrative Authorities and National Focal Points
Following the adoption of Resolution XIV.8 on the new CEPA approach at the 14th meeting of the Conference of the Contracting Parties (COP14), the Secretariat is pleased to invite nominations of members of the CEPA Oversight Panel for the 2023 - 2025 triennium.
Annex 3 of the Resolution identifies the functions of the CEPA Oversight Panel as follows:
- Deliver results originating from specific communication, capacity building, education, participation and awareness (CEPA) requests included in Resolutions of the Conference of the Contracting Parties (COP) and the Strategic Plan.
- Examine CEPA needs and gaps in implementation in order to identify CEPA activities to be integrated in the Strategic Plan.
- Monitor and report on current CEPA issues within the Convention and the progress of implementation of current CEPA Priorities, especially with reference to the CEPA activities included in the Strategic Plan as well as COP Resolutions.
- Advise the Standing Committee and the Secretariat on CEPA work priorities at the national and international level, including the CEPA priorities of the Scientific and Technical Review Panel (STRP).
- Liaise with other multilateral environmental agreements (MEAs) to improve CEPA synergies among Conventions.
Further, the Oversight Panel should be comprised of between 10 and 15 people with balanced representation from all regions of the Convention who can bring a diverse range of expertise to the Panel in regard to the functions above. The main working language of the Panel will be English. The composition of the Panel should include:
- A CEPA Government Focal Point;
- A CEPA NGO Focal Point;
- An Indigenous Peoples representative; and
- A youth representative.
Nominations of individuals within the above categories are encouraged.
Separate from nominations from Contracting Parties, the Secretariat will liaise with the IOPs regarding selecting an IOP representative and with the Scientific and Technical Review Panel to select a STRP representative to serve on the CEPA Oversight Panel.
The Secretariat is requesting that Parties submit nominations by 10 February to email@example.com using the attached nomination form.
We remain at your disposal, should you have questions on the nomination process.
Secretariat of the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands