Side event details
As per mentioned in Draft resolution (No18.8) on enhancing the Convention’s visibility and synergies with other multilateral environmental agreements and other international institutions hereby we, Learning Wetland City of Bandar Khamir as both a member of UNESCO Global Network of Learning City and indeed an accredited Wetland City of Ramsar Convention, propose to conducting this side event jointly with cooperation of UNESCO (GNLC) Institute for Lifelong Learning.
We are going to share the best practice of Bandar Khamir on how by emphasizing on the role of learning and citizenship education, helped us to raise & involve the social capital to paved the way for being a more sustainable city.
The envisage outcome of our proposed side event for the participants would be as follow:
- to be familiar with an applied urban model on sustainable development based on citizenship education
- how investing on green education for people could ease adaptations and bring about more sustainable wetland livelihoods
- get acquainted with how municipality could raise the social capital and promote citizens collaboration for wetland participatory conservation
- facilitation on how to utilize and make the most of synergizing UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities and Ramsar Convention wetland city program
It has been considered the following people as potential moderator and speakers:
The moderator: Javad Mahmoodi, Mayor of Learning & Wetland city of Bandar Khamir
The predicted Speakers:
- Javad Mahmoodi, Mayor of Learning & Wetland city of Bandar Khamir
- Raul Valdes Cotera, Programme Manager of the UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities
- Suh Seung Oh (Executive Director of the Ramsar Regional Center-East Asia)